Please welcome Rebecca Yarros to The Authorteers! She's here to tell us about her books and what else she has in store.
1. Describe your latest book in the length of a tweet or less.
That's so cruel. Seriously. Okay, let's try this...
Flying high, LT Jagger Bateman falls for the Commanding General's daughter, Paisley, but her heart might not withstand the secrets he keeps.
2. When I read the synopsis for Eyes Turned Skyward, the thing that caught my eye was Paisley's heart condition. What inspired that aspect of Paisley's character?
I knew that the woman Jagger would fall for would have to struggle with her own inner demons. With someone as reckless as Jagger is, it only seemed fitting that his love be his opposite and with good reason. Paisley's heart condition was really inspired by wanting to explore how she would live if she thought those days were numbered, if she were forced out of her shell, so to speak.
3. A huge part of Eyes Turned Skyward surrounds Paisley and her sister's bucket list. Do you have a bucket list? If so, tell us one of the fun things on it.
4. When you wrote Full Measures, did you know you'd be writing Eyes Turned Skyward next?
I really didn't. Jagger's character popped off the page for me, and after Full Measures was written, I'd kind of toyed with the idea, even plotting it out. But once my editor sent back notes in my manuscript saying how much she loved Jagger and wanted his story, well... I had already started the first chapter. I'm glad I didn't know while I wrote Full Measures, though, since Jagger tends to dominate a scene, and I might have tossed him in too much to Full Measures!
5. Were there certain authors and/or specific books that influenced your writing or inspired you to start writing?
Ooh, I grew up on Mercedes Lackey and Anne McCaffrey, both whom I adore. As I shifted into romance, I've definitely been influenced by Gena Showalter and Karen Moning. Yes, I'm totally a paranormal girl at heart!
6. How long does it take you to write a book?
Usually three to four months, I'm actually a REALLY slow writer compared to some of my friends!
7. What are you working on right now?
Right now, I'm working on Grayson's story, which has a working title of Beyond What Is Given. He's so much darker than Jagger, and it's definitely taken a really sassy, strong woman to bring him back to life. We're hoping to have it to you by late summer, but that's always up to my editor and publisher. I really hope you guys love him as much as I do!
Thank you for sharing, Rebecca!
About the Author
Rebecca is generously providing a copy of both Full Measures and Eyes Turned Skyward for one lucky winner!
(Click on the title to read more on Goodreads)
a Rafflecopter giveaway